Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies might be my favorite cookie of the season. That epic bite where you get almost the whole Hershey Kiss in your mouth. Done.
This is my “healthier” take on the traditional blossom cookies. They are flourless, contain half the sugar, no butter, and there’s some extra fiber snuck in there. And like everything else on here, they are also SO easy to make.
More Christmas cookies to come. 🙂
- 1 cup of natural, creamy peanut butter or almond butter stirred well
- 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- a few dashes of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of flax meal
- 1/2 cup of organic white sugar *for rolling
- hershey kisses
- in a medium bowl combine the peanut butter, coconut palm sugar, egg, sea salt, vanilla and flax meal.
- place the dough in the fridge until oven is preheated.
- pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees f.
- line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- shape the dough into one inch balls and roll in white sugar.
- place on the cookie sheet and press each ball down slightly, then lightly press your thumb into the middle of each cookie.
- bake for 8 minutes, they will be soft.
- once you remove the cookies place a hershey kiss in the middle.
- allow to rest on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool.
- *if you have very oily/runny peanut butter you may want to add one more tablespoon of flax meal. the dough should be workable