The first year we had Spinach for Breakfast up and running during the holiday season, we posted desserts that were so healthy I don’t even think we should have been allowed to call them desserts. We had just finished our first Clean Cleanse, and let’s just say it was a skinny holiday season.
Fast forward three years later and we’ve become much more lax. We are now really comfortable balancing clean eating with indulging, but still bake as healthy as possible when it’s just for us!
These Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies are a remake of one of our old recipes. I found nothing can beat rolling these bad boys in white sugar and cinnamon, so that’s what I did. The rest of the cookie is made with low-glycemic coconut palm sugar, which you can also use for rolling if you’re being better than we are. 😉
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons soft coconut oil or Earth Balance
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of raw maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of oragnic white sugar + 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the almond flour, gluten free all purpose flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix the coconut oil/butter, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- In another small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and the tablespoon of cinnamon to create a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Take about a tablespoon of dough, roll it into a ball and then roll it in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet and pat down.
- Continue to form around 12 cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- You can leave out the vanilla extract for a tangier flavored cookie.
Shop the Post