Gluten Free Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Let’s spice things up for Valentine’s Day. 🙂
Just kidding, this is our first Valentine’s Day with a baby so a 7pm dinner is about as spicy as Lou and I are getting haha. But I do love this holiday for showing a little extra love and appreciation for those who are important to me. Even something as simple as a text or phone call can go a long way. And if you’re a giver, cookies can always do the trick!
I put a little spin on traditional chocolate chip cookies and turned them into Gluten Free Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies. And the chocolate drizzle on top that totally makes it! This is also the first time I used SoChatti chocolate for the drizzle, and I can say it’s a game changer!
I used to melt chocolate, spoon it into a baggie and then snip the corner to pipe it, or just try and drizzle it with a spoon and hope for the best. SoChatti makes it a million times easier. Most importantly, it is very high quality, dairy free dark chocolate. It’s made in small batches, and you can totally taste the difference. Not to mention, all you do it warm the bag, drizzle the chocolate, put the cap back on and store it for next time! No mess. 🙂
So make these for for yourself or someone else (self-love is important too!), the recipe is below.
20% off with code 20Spinach 🙂
SoChatti is also on AMAZON.
- 1/2 cup of organic butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of freeze dried strawberries, slightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon of freeze dried strawberries crushed into a powder
- SoChatti dark chocolate for drizzle
- preheat the oven to 350F
- warm the SoChatti bag in very warm water
- add the butter/coconut oil, sugar, egg, egg white and vanilla to a bowl and mix together.
- add in the flour, baking soda and salt and combine
- mix in the chocolate chips and crushed strawberries (not the powder)
- use a tablespoon to spoon the batter onto an un-greased cookie sheet
- bake for 11-14 minutes until the edges begin to turn golden brown
- drizzle the chocolate on top of eat cookie and then sprinkle with strawberry powder.
- allow chocolate to set and then store in an air tight container.