Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
What if I told you that a healthy, Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie existed that tasted exactly like a normal gluten, egg, and butter filled chocolate chip cookie? While I’m technically not vegan or gluten free (for some reason I can now tolerate gluten and dairy post-baby), I like to keep my gut healthy and skin halfway decent looking so I only eat them on occasion. Plus, so many of you avoid gluten and dairy so I want to cater to you guys too! 🙂 So back to these cookies. They taste like REAL COOKIES (you know what I mean?), but are totally gluten and dairy free and can also be made paleo.
- 1/3 cup dairy-free butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoon dairy free milk
- 1 cup super fine almond flour
- 1 cup quick/instant oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a food processer, add 1 c quick/instant oats and process until a fine flour forms, about a minute.
- Cream the vegan butter, sugar, and honey for about a minute with an electric beater until it’s whipped and light colored.
- Beat in the vanilla and dairy free milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, oat flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula.
- Roll the dough into balls, then press them flat between your hands to form a disk. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes on the tray to fully set.