Healthy Berry Baked Oatmeal
Easter brunch is one of my favorite holiday meals, because who doesn’t love brunch? This year I’m in charge of bringing something sweet, but I wanted it to be somewhat healthy too. I love sweet breakfasts, but I like to make sure that they’re filling as well so I don’t feel hungry again in half an hour. This make-ahead Bery Baked Oatmeal is the perfect breakfast. I made it the night before, and just heated it in the oven when it was time to eat. Easy, healthy and delicious!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 2 large ripe bananas (1 cup mashed)
- 3/4 cup nut milk
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed blueberries and strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. Fold in the berries.
- Pour into a greased or lined 98in square baking pan. Add more berries on top, if desired.
- Bake at 350° F for about 35 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- To reheat, cover with foil and bake at 350° F for about 20 minutes.