Ok, so the idea for these Healthy Breakfast Nachos came when Lou and I were talking about having friends over for a boozy brunch to see our new apartment. My first thought was like, amazing! I can make… chia pudding?
I know most people are all about being healthy, but our friends would most likely want a little more than overnight oats with their mimosas.
So I started thinking about an easy crowd pleaser recipe that I could make a tad healthier. And who doesn’t love nachos? I loaded these with fresh, healthy ingredients (and cheese) and used sweet potato chips from Trader Joe’s for a little extra flavor. The best part is you can make it ahead of time, and then just sprinkle some cheese on top and broil when everyone is ready to eat. 🙂
- Tortilla chips (I used sweet potato chips)
- 3/4 cup of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, sliced or minced
- fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 4 Eggs
- Pico de gallo
- Shredded cheese
- Avocado, diced
- In a medium pan, drizzle butter/ghee over medium heat.
- whisk the four eggs together with a dash of sea salt and pepper and then add to the pan and scramble.
- Arrange the tortilla chips in a separate medium pan.
- Begin to layer black beans, jalapeno, cilantro, eggs, and pico de gallo.
- Top with shredded cheese
- Broil until the cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh avocado and cilantro