Happy Valentine’s Day! xo
Lou and I aren’t huge on needing to do anything over the top for Valentine’s Day. However, this will be the last year we can go out without needing to get a babysitter (ah!), so we are going to take advantage of it. 🙂
I also loveeee chocolate. Lou knows me well, so I assume there will be something waiting for me when I get home. That, or he’s reading this right now and is like “great I need to run to Jacques Torres after work. ” 😉
For anyone else with plans or no plans, don’t forget this day is about giving and accepting love from anyone wonderful and positive in your life, including yourself! We love and appreciate all of you guys more than you know.
For Valentine’s Day this year we have Peanut Butter Chocolate Baked Oatmeal that is healthy enough for breakfast and delicious enough for dessert! Slice some strawberries and drizzle some peanut butter on top and you will be like yessss, I deserve this. 🙂
This recipe is also super versatile! You can make it gluten free by using oats such as the organic gluten free rolled oats from nuts.com, or replace the cocoa powder with chocolate protein for an extra boost.
It’s also super easy to make! Take a peek at our recipe video to see. 🙂
- 2 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- dash of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips (*plus extra for garnish)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- sliced strawberries
- extra pb for drizzle
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- mix the oats, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips together in a bowl.
- in a separate bowl, add the eggs, peanut butter, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla and combine using a hand mixer or whisk together until very well combined.
- pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix through
- pour into a greased square pan and then spread evenly
- top with a sprinkle of additional mini chocolate chips
- bake for 35 minutes
- allow to cool and then cut into squares
- top with sliced strawberries and a drizzle of peanut butter to serve