Healthy Dark Chocolate Drizzled Popcorn for a quick and easy holiday snack!
We’ve got a last minute snack idea for this holiday season! I’m a sucker for popcorn with any form of drizzle. Chocolate, caramel, you name it- I eat it. The issue is self-control, because as ridiculous as “gourmet” popcorn tastes, it’s usually loaded with butter and sugar. So I have to limit my portion size, which is no easy task.
So this is our Healthy Dark Chocolate Drizzled Popcorn! This season “healthy” is a term used loosely. 🙂 But for real, I used organic natural popcorn only seasoned with sea salt. Then I drizzled really good dark chocolate, sprinkled chocolate covered chia seeds and some crushed peppermint! It’s enough for each piece to have awesome flavor, but not fully coat in chocolate. That way I don’t have to keep telling myself, “This is the last handful. For real this time.”
Also super easy to store in a airtight bag and give as a gift or bring to a party!
- 1 bag of natural popcorn (I used Orville's Simply Salted)
- 1/3 cup of dark chocolate pieces
- dark chocolate chia seeds (I used Salba Chia)
- crushed peppermint
- pop the popcorn and then spread onto a baking sheet
- using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate and then drizzle over the popcorn
- sprinkle regular or dark chocolate chia seeds over the popcorn
- sprinkle crushed peppermint if desired
- allow chocolate to harden and then scoop into a bowl and enjoy!