Healthy Kitchen Sink Cookies
I am always looking for new healthy dessert or snack options! Grabbing fruit or veggies is always great, but mentally I want something I can sink my teeth into; like a cookie. 🙂
What I love about these Healthy Kitchen Sink Cookies is that they are actually really healthy! Like no bad stuff in there, and you can really customize them to whatever you are feeling! You can go all guilt-free and choose things like hemp seeds, flax meal, unsweetened coconut and nuts, or add in dried fruit and chocolate for something a bit more sweet.
As you guys know I am a huge Nuts.com fan. Not only is their packaging the cutest ever, it’s an awesome one-stop shop. I get the basics, like organic hemp seeds and organic oats, and then really cool items like chia flour and dried baobab pomegranate bites.
I went with a mix of superfoods, dried fruit and mini chocolate chips and they came out awesome! Think snack/breakfast cookie. I make these often and throw two in my bag for a snack when I hit that point of hunger late afternoon. Take a look at our video to see how easy they are to make!
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1 cup of quick oats
- 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon of chia flour
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons of baobab pomegranate bites
- 2 tablespoons of chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mash the bananas and then mix in the peanut butter, oats, maple syrup and vanilla until combined.
- Mix in rest of the ingredients (you can add anything you want! Just keep the measurements similar)
- Spoon the cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Form a "cookie" shape, as these will not spread much.
- Bake for 15 minutes.