Healthy Mushroom Stoganoff
I love mushrooms, but I don’t really cook with them often! Like besides putting them in an omelette or on pizza, what do I do? So onto Pinterest I went and found some awesome recipes for Mushroom Stroganoff. A lot of the recipes on S4B are just healthier versions of the good stuff. I used gluten free pasta instead of traditional egg noodles, gluten free all purpose flour instead of white flour and swapped out the sour cream for greek yogurt. Everything else in here is pretty healthy!
In the end I was totally satisfied from this warm and cozy pasta dish! Although this photo shows a huge bowl, I actually ended up dividing it into a few portions, eating half mushroom stroganoff and half a salad. I like to try and always incorporate greens into my meals somehow! Recipe below!
- 1 box of fusilli (I used Trader Joe's quinoa and brown rice fusilli)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups of slice crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of flour (I used gluten free all purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt
- sea salt and pepper
- cook pasta according to package directions
- in a large skillet add the olive oil over medium heat
- add the onions and mushrooms with a dash of sea salt and pepper and sauté for five minutes until tender.
- in a small pot, heat the vegetable broth until hot. add the soy sauce, paprika, and flour and whisk together until combined.
- add the garlic to the mushrooms and sauté for one minute.
- pour in the broth and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- remove from heat and stir in the greek yogurt.
- drain pasta and add to a serving bowl.
- top with mushrooms sauce and fresh parsley.