But really Maria, are these the Healthiest Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies? 😉
I mean banana, oats, cinnamon, and natural peanut butter; you can’t get much better than that! Plus you can add in healthy extras for a boost of protein or fiber. I chose dried cranberries and dark chocolate chia seeds; but flax meal, chopped nuts, or hemp seeds would also be a great addition! They turn out like a breakfast cookie, so don’t think you’re getting Levain’s or anything (my favorite cookies of all time FYI). But you can definitely add in chocolate chips if you want something more dessert like!
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 2 very ripe, large bananas
- 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter, stirred well
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- add in ideas: raisins, cranberries, chocolate chia seeds, hemp seeds, nuts, mini chocolate chips etc.
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- add the oats, bananas, peanut butter and cinnamon to a food processor and process until a dough forms, OR add the oats to a blender and pulse to break them down. then using a fork mix the oats with the mashed banana, peanut butter and cinnamon until well combined.
- mix in any add ins you would like
- using a spoon, scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet and form a "cookie shape," as they will not spread at all.
- bake for 15 minutes