Healthy Pistachio Muffins
Every year we go down to Avalon, NJ in the summer with four other families for a week of relaxation 🙂 I try my best to shut off a bit when I’m down here, spend less time on Instagram, care a bit less about the number of likes we get on a photo, and just enjoy family time. And, enjoy good food like these muffins!
I planned on making a batch of these muffins to bring down, and then realized how much I needed to pack with a newborn. Needless to say, the muffins didn’t happen this year. I also forgot all of Luca’s adorable little bathing suits, so I did a good job. Good thing there’s always next year!
Luckily, these Healthy Pistachio Muffins are super quick to whip up so I can make a batch here! And unlike most pistachio muffins, no pudding mix box is required. Healthy and easy, just the way I like my baked goods .
- 2 1/2 cups of oats (or 2 cups of whole wheat or gluten free all purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup of shelled pistachios
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 6oz container of Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3/4 cup of nut milk
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 F
- If using oats, blend them in a food processor until a fine flour is formed, about a minute. Pour into a bowl.
- Whisk in baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar into the flour.
- lightly chop the pistachios and mix in.
- In another bowl, use a fork to mash the banana.
- Add the egg and whisk together using a fork.
- Add vanilla, milk, and coconut oil and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined.
- line a muffin tin with liners or grease using additional coconut oil.
- Use a 1/3 cup to pour batter into liners, filling until the liners are completely full.
- Place muffin tray in the 450 F preheated oven, then reduce heat to 400 F. immediately.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the muffin tops are slightly golden brown.
- Take the muffins out of the oven, and let sit in the tray for 10 minutes.
- remove the muffins and place them on a cooling rack.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- the muffins will look and taste slightly different based of which type of flour mixture is used.