Because eating a bag of chips is easy, but it’s not healthy. 😉
Here is a list of our favorite snacks that are simple, healthy and delicious!
[su_heading style=”line-dark” size=”24″ margin=”55″]Easy-to-Make Healthy Snacks[/su_heading]
1. Apple “Cookies” By Rachel Schultz
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Coconut shreds
- Dark Chocolate chips or Cacao Nibs
- Slice apple into thin rings and remove core.
- Spread almond butter over one side of ring.
- Top with pecans, coconut shreds, and dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
2. Cucumber Hummus Cups By Tasty Yummies
- 1 large cucumber
- Hummus (our Homemade Hummus recipe or your favorite store bought brand)
- Paprika or your favorite spices
- Peel the cucumber partially, leaving a thin strip going down the entire length of the cucumber.
- Cut the cucumber into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- Scoop out the center of each cucumber slice with a melon baller, leaving a shell of for filling.
- Add hummus to a pastry bag and pipe it into the cucumber cups or just use a spoon!
- Garnish with paprika, fresh chives, parsley or your favorite spices.
3. Peanut Butter Banana Honey Toast with Granola By Well Plated
- 4 slices hearty multigrain or wheat bread
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- Small handful of your favorite granola
- Toast bread and spread with peanut butter or almond butter.
- Top with banana slices
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with granola.
4. Ants on a Log By Ricotta and Radishes
- Hummus (our Homemade Hummus recipe or your favorite brand)
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Spread each celery stick with hummus.
- Top pumpkin seeds.
- Cut each celery rib into 3 equal pieces.
5. Smashed Avocado Toast with Soft Boiled Egg By Donna Hay
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices wholemeal bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 teaspoon white chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- micro (baby) mint sprigs, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place the eggs in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 7 minutes+. Drain and refresh under cold water. Peel, slice in half and set aside.
- Place the toast on plates and top each slice with the avocado and egg. Place the chia seeds, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the seed mixture and mint over the avocado and serve with lime wedges.
- + If you prefer hard-boiled eggs, cook for an extra 3 minutes.
6. Green Coconut Smoothie By Spinach for Breakfast
- 10 oz of plain coconut water
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 handful of frozen peaches
- 1 handful of frozen pineapple
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 scoop of protein optional* (we love protein from the Clean Program, Vega, and Skoop)
- Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth.