A lot of my recipe inspiration comes from meals I’ve had while out to lunch or dinner. I love taking a delicious unhealthy dish and turning it into a delicious healthy dish. Anyone can do it, it’s just learning how to make the right substitutions. Other times I like to recreate recipes that are already healthy. Less work for me. 😉
This Kale, Quinoa and Beet Salad was originally inspired by a dish I’ve ordered poolside many times in Miami. It’s super light and refreshing, yet hearty enough to fill you up! Plus kale is ridiculously good for you.
I bought a pre-made organic lemon vinaigrette because I am all about convenience. But check out the blog Dinners, Dishes and Desserts for a great homemade version!
- 2-3 large handfuls of organic kale, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup of cooked quinoa
- 2-3 cooked baby beets, sliced (I used Love Beets!)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of mango, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon of slivered almonds
- Drizzle of your favorite Lemon Vinaigrette or mix together fresh lemon juice a drizzle of olive oil, sea salt and pepper for a quick dressing.
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place the kale into a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle dressing and massage into the kale until completely marinated.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and too until combined.
Shop the Post