No need for a drawn out story with this one. I was craving something savory for breakfast last weekend and whipped up this Kale, Turkey Bacon & Sweet Potato Hash that met all my hunger and craving needs! I typically eat mostly plant-based (but I’m not vegan or a vegetarian) so when Lou smelled turkey bacon instead of hearing the sound of a blender he was pretty excited. 😉
This makes a few servings, so if you’re cooking for yourself just portion out a plate for you and then add one fried egg on top! Leave the rest for leftovers, you’ll be thankful the next day. 😉
- 2 sweet potato, diced into bite size pieces
- olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 4 slices of turkey bacon
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 4 cups of chopped kale
- toss the sweet potato in olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and a few dashes of paprika until evenly coated
- Add the turkey bacon to a large skillet and saute until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- add the sweet potato to the skillet and sauté until almost tender.
- add the red onion and sauté for a few minutes until soft and fragrant
- add the kale (with an additional drizzle of olive oil if needed) and a dash of sea salt and pepper and sauté until almost tender
- Add the turkey bacon back in to warm
- fry one or more eggs in the same pan (making a well) or in a separate pan
- add the hash to a plate and top with a fried egg and a dash of pepper