Kale and Turkey Bacon Sweet Potato Hash
While we have so many good breakfast recipes on the blog, I often end up having the same things for breakfast in the morning. Basically, an endless rotation of oatmeal, yogurt bowls, green smoothies, and cold meal-prepped pancakes when I’m feeling really fancy 😉. But while I love these simple breakfasts, sometimes I want to make something with a little more goign on. But, of course, just as easy.
This Sweet Potato and Turkey Bacon Hash is one of the best savory breakfasts I’ve made in a minute. I tend to eat mostly plant based, so when Lou smelled the turkey bacon he was already in breakfast haven. It’ll definitely be a breakfast option that I’ll keep on rotation, especially with how easy it is. You basically just sauté everything and throw an egg or two on top.
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 package turkey bacon
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut the sweet potato into cubes.
- Add to a skillet with the diced red onion and olive oil and sauté until soft.
- Cook the turkey bacon per package instructions. Cut into smaller pieces and add to the sweet potatoes.
- Add the kale, and sauté until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan, fry up the desired amount of sunny side eggs. Place on top of the hash to serve.