Mother’s Day is around the corner and mama wants a drink. 😉
I am so obsessed with this Lavender Lemonade! Not only is the color perfection, but it’s the perfect little refreshing treat when I don’t want to drink yet another glass of water. And for all you non-pregnant babes, add a little vodka or white rum to the mix if you’re looking to spice things up a bit. 🙂
Lavender actually has a ton of awesome benefits for stress, heart health, digestion, inflammation, skin and sleep. I would recommend a lavender tea over a spiked lemonade if you’re looking strictly for the health perks; but you’ll get the delicious flavor in both!
Wishing all the mom’s and mom’s-to-be a happy Mother’s Day this weekend 🙂
- 6 lemons, for juice
- 3 tablespoons or food grade organic dried lavender
- 6 cups of water
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 6 oz vodka or white rum (optional)
- Ice (to serve)
- Bring the 6 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Squeeze the juice from all 6 lemons into a glass or bowl (remove seeds).
- Add the sugar, lavender and lemon juice to the boiling water and mix together dissolving most of the sugar.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover for about two hours (or longer if you want a stronger lavender flavor.)
- Strain the lemonade to remove the lavender and pour into pitcher. *Add alcohol here if desired
- Chill in the refrigerator and serve over ice.