Lemon Arugula Pasta Salad
I can’t believe summer is winding down already. Normally I would be gearing up to go back to school (for my speech therapy job!), but I still have one more month of maternity leave with Luca and I am trying to appreciate every day I have left. My plan is to work part-time at the special needs preschool I have been at for the past three years, continue seeing private clients through my private practice, and then leaving the rest of my free time during the week to work on the blog and spend time with Luca.
So with Labor Day around the corner I figured I would make a pasta salad! Because when in doubt; bring a pasta salad. 🙂 This Lemon Arugula Pasta Salad is super quick and easy to throw together! It can also be made gluten free and vegan for anyone looking to stay super healthy or within their dietary needs. 🙂 Recipe below!
- 1 box of pasta (I like to use chickpea or quinoa pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh arugula
- 1 can of organic cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of goat cheese (*optional)
- cook pasta according to package directions.
- whisk together the 1/3 cup of olive oil, juice from lemons, minced garlic and a few generous dashes of sea salt and pepper.
- drain pasta and add to a serving bowl
- mix the lemon dressing through the pasta
- add in the arugula, tomatoes and cannelloni beans and gently mix through.
- taste test for more salt or pepper needed
- mix in or top with goat cheese
- eat warm or chill in the fridge and serve cold