Low Sugar Berry Coconut Crisp
I’m the girl that goes straight for the chocolate after dinner. Pregnant or not, that’s how I’ve always been. I’m trying to not overdo it with dessert this pregnancy, however I always find myself looking for something sweet. 🙂
Fruit has been my pregnancy craving. Cantaloupe in particular! And while it often does the trick at times, I like to have other low sugar dessert options so I don’t climb to the top of my cabinet to get the damn Scandinavian Swimmers from Trader Joe’s. Why are those so good!?
My two favorite options have been my Avocado Chocolate Pudding, and lately this Low Sugar Berry Coconut Crisp. Both of which can be made quickly if needed! This Low Sugar Berry Coconut Crisp is also awesome because you can change the flavor by just adding different berries to the mix. However I highly suggest including frozen dark cherries. 🙂
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups of berries, fresh or frozen (I used blueberries and pitted dark cherries)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of almond flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- if berries are frozen, defrost them until thawed.
- mix the lemon juice with the berries and then pour them into an 8 inch cast iron skillet
- in a separate bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, cinnamon, flour, melted coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup.
- spoon the topping over the berries in the skillet.
- bake for 25-35 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- allow to cool slightly and then serve warm topped with greek yogurt.
You Might Need These