So I am always switching up the way I eat and trying to incorporate new things. Lou likes to use the phrase, “so what exactly is this you’re eating now?” quite often. 😉
I’m a firm believer that there is no “right” way everyone should eat. If there was we would all be doing it and look like Beyonce (pre-babies; but like post-babies she still looks like a damn queen).
So let’s talk adaptogens. My body is different than yours and even quite different than Alyssa’s, so when it comes to these power herbs it’s all about listening to your body and knowing what it needs.
I’ve been trying to incorporate more adaptogens into my daily routine because 1. I love trying new things and 2. they are reallyyyyy good for you. We’ve talked about ashwagandha on here before (amazing for anxiety and balancing hormones) and today it’s all about maca.
You’ve probably heard of the tie between maca powder and sex. Believe what you hear, it’s a thing. Maca powder increases sexual libido in both men and women (heyo), but also has some other really amazing benefits that are not going to sound as good after I dropped that knowledge on you. 😉
Increases energy, stamina and focus
Increases sexual libido
Improves immune system and fights disease
We’ve got an amazingly simple Maca Date Ball recipe so you can get your daily dose! I make a big batch of these and keep them in my fridge or freezer. You can also add maca powder to your daily shake, just make sure to take note on the serving size. xo
- 1/3 cup of raw nuts
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of maca powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 3/4 cup (overfilled) of soft pitted dates
- in a food processor or high-speed blender, add the nuts, oats, maca and cinnamon and blend until broken down.
- add the peanut butter and dates a slowly process until a dough forms.
- roll into balls.
- store in an airtight container.
- Maca has a strong flavor, by adding more peanut butter you can help decrease the intensity.