Mushroom and Pea Pesto Fettuccine
I live for a good pesto pasta! I am not a red sauce girl (my dad likes to tell me I’m not a real Italian). Give me alllll the creamy sauces. 😉 You guys also know I am all about the pasta + veggies life. If I want pasta, I eat it. It’s no longer a “no no” food where I need to eat salad for the next three days to make up for it (that was annoying). But I do like to include veggies in most of my meals, so I load them in there!
This Mushroom and Pea Pesto Fettuccine is SIMPLE! Pre-sliced mushrooms, frozen peas, store bought pesto and pasta. You are more than welcome to slice your own mushrooms and make your own pesto, I’ll just be eating already 😉
- 1 package of gluten free fettuccine (I used Cappello's)
- 1 package of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 bag of frozen peas
- store bought or homemade pesto (I used Whole Foods pesto)
- in a sauté pan add a small drizzle of olive oil over medium heat.
- add the mushrooms with a dash of salt and pepper and sauté until tender.
- in a pot, add 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil. add the peas and boil for 2-4 minutes and then drain and set aside.
- cook pasta according to package directions.
- when the pasta is drained add it to the pan with the peas and a few tablespoons of pesto.
- gently toss until coated. add more pesto if needed.