No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
Take a really healthy oatmeal ball and then roll it in melted chocolate. It’s what we like to call balance. 🙂
For real though, these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls are no joke. Lou is all about them! I store them in the freezer and eat them cold, and they are so good. If you want less chocolate, you can always drizzle instead of doing the full dunk and roll. 😉
- 1/2 cup of raw peanut butter, mixed well
- 1 cup of oats (I used old fashioned)
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce (use 1 tablespoon if you peanut butter is really runny/oily)
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan on low heat, slightly warm the peanut butter until it is spreadable.
- Mix in the oats, sea salt, honey, vanilla and applesauce.
- Form balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 10-20 minutes.
- In another small saucepan, melt the coconut oil on low heat.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir until melted. Be sure heat is low and you are stirring consistently to not burn the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is just melted, tun off the heat and remove the balls from the freezer.
- Carefully place each ball into the saucepan and coat with chocolate (you can do this one or a few at a time).
- Remove with a spoon and place the balls back on the baking tray.
- Freeze for 25-30 minutes or until chocolate is frozen.
- If desired, remove oat balls one last time and drizzle peanut butter over each one.
- Freeze again.
- Store in the freezer.