Paleo Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Putting dark chocolate peanut butter cups on top of brownies might be one of the top moves I’ve made in my life. These Paleo Peanut Butter Cup Brownies don’t need a long intro- they are SO GOOD.
The brownies also happen to be gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free if you use a paleo type chocolate like Hu Kitchen gems or bars. I used Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups because they are my favorite! I’ll take them over a Reese’s any day. Hope you guys love!
- 2/3 cup of chocolate chips*
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup of additional chocolate chips or chopped chocolate*
- dark chocolate peanut butter cups, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and olive oil over low heat until creamy. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the egg/sugar mixture into the saucepan of melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until mixed through.
- Fold in the additional chocolate.
- Pour batter into a greased or lined 8x8 pan and bake for 18 minutes.
- remove from often and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- gently place the chopped peanut butter cups on top, pressing them in slightly.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.