Now that the weather in NYC is starting to get warm and sunny (like three days a week) I am all about making homemade popsicles! They are about as easy as buying the popsicle mold from Amazon. 😉 And the best part is you can completely control the ingredients without having to add a ton of extra sugar. Take these Papaya Popsicles for example. There is no added sugar, and they still come out tasting creamy, sweet and delicious just from using fruit. Guilt-free in my book. 🙂
Not to mention, I am currently using two papaya-based natural skin products from Odacite to tackle my hyperpigmentation. I just went to the dermatologist and was like “hi, why am I ridiculously pale and have all these brown spots popping up on my face?” The answer, like anything weird during pregnancy, is my glorious hormones. So sunscreen and hyperpigmentation products it is! Both the Pa+G serum and A Summer in Hossegor serum have papaya to help fade dark spots, dissolve dead skin cells, and give you an even-toned glow (literally all I ask for).
So whether you hand it to me in a pop and slather it on my face, I’m all about the papaya this spring. 🙂
- 1 large papaya
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 can of full fat unsweetened coconut milk (store in fridge prior)
- Vanilla yogurt (*optional)
- Remove the coconut solids from the coconut milk can and place in the blender. Blend until creamy.
- Scoop out the seeds from the papaya and add the flesh to the blender with the banana, lime juice and lemon juice.
- Blend until creamy.
- Pour into popsicle molds filling each slot a little more than half way.
- Fill the remaining space with yogurt.
- Sprinkle granola on the top.
- Cover, add popsicle sticks and freeze.