Protein date and nut balls are literally one of the best “hold me over” snacks. You’ve got your protein, your fiber, your healthy fats, sweetness, saltiness, chewiness; like do we ask for more? And the best part is you can take three ingredients as your base (nuts, oats, dates) and then add in anything extra that you want to change the flavor!
Peanut butter is typically my jam, but I was home last weekend visiting my parents and my mom made some with figs and goji berries and I was like, VERA! So good.
I keep these Peanut Butter Protein Bites and any other type of date ball I make in the freezer. Then I thaw it out just slightly before eating it. 🙂
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup of walnuts
- 2 scoops of protein
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 3/4 cup of soft pitted dated
- chocolate for drizzle (*optional)
- In a food processor or high speed blender add the oats, nuts and protein and blend until the last are broken down.
- Add the peanut butter and dates and process until a dough forms.
- Roll into balls and freeze.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and then drizzle over the top.
- Freeze again until the chocolate solidifies.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
You Might Need These