Chocolate Peppermint Pattie Chia Pudding made with almond milk for a healthy and festive dessert!
About a year ago I dropped an entire bag of chia seeds onto my kitchen floor. Lou and I had those things stuck to our feet until we moved. And as much as I vowed to never buy them again, they are just too good for you!
High in antioxidants and good for anti-aging!
High fiber for digestive health
Regulates cholesterol and lowers blood pressure for heart health
Boosts energy and metabolism
Contains calcium for bone health
Helps regulate appetite
I go through phrases where I am in a great routine of (carefully) sprinkling them into my morning smoothie, or I like legit don’t use them at all for months. The other day I was realizing how many bags of chia seeds I actually have in my closet (blogger problems) and decided to make a chia pudding.
This is by far the best way to get your daily dose of the chia in my opinion. Any excuse for chocolate and I’m in! Plus you are getting all those health benefits. I made a Peppermint Pattie Chia Pudding this time around because, tis’ the season. 😉
- 2.5 cups of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract (vanilla works if you don't have peppermint)
- dash of sea salt
- 1 mini peppermint pattie and crush peppermint for garnish
- Add all the ingredients except for the peppermint patty and crushed peppermint into a high speed blender or food processor and processor until very smooth.
- Pour into a glass container (I used mason jars) and place in the fridge until cold.
- Serve with a chopped peppermint patty and crushed peppermint on top, or mix through!