We are 22 days into our 30 Day Vegan Challenge!
A year ago when I first did this challenge, I was afraid I wasn’t going to get enough protein. But protein doesn’t just come from meat! Vegetables, sprouts, nuts, seeds, grains and beans are all wonderful sources of protein. Even spinach! Which you should be having… for breakfast. 😉
By incorporating these plant-based, natural foods into every meal, vegans are certain to consume enough protein for a healthy and well-balanced diet. I also add a scoop of vegan, plant based protein to my morning smoothie. That way I know I am starting the day off with a good 20 grams already. 🙂 Our go-to vegan proteins are Skoop, Vega, and Clean Program Shakes.
And since it’s October and everything, we decided to make a Pumpkin Protein Smoothie to go with all of your other pumpkin favorites.
- 10oz of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen banana, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup of organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 scoop of vegan, plant based vanilla protein
- Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth!
Shop the Post