This is one of those recipes that you can have as your meal, serve as a side, bring to a party, add grilled shrimp (you get the gist) because it’s just so damn versatile. It’s also vegan, gluten free, and tastes ridiculously fresh with all those herbs going on. I also forget I love dill. That or I think I used to tell myself I hated it? Either way, I was so wrong.
Shout out to my sister-in-law Lacey for introducing me to this one, and to Jenn from Once Upon A Chef for creating the original recipe. 🙂
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Sea salt and pepper
- Bring the 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water to a boil with a few dashes of sea salt.
- Cover, and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Fluff.
- While the quinoa is cooking, add all of the rest of the ingredients to a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa, mix through and then season with additional sea salt and pepper.
- Serve warm as is or cold. Do not reheat.
Shop the Post