It’s Day 29 of our 30-Day Vegan Challenge! Conveniently ending the day before Halloween. 🙂
But before you dive into the bag of mini Snickers that are for your trick or treaters, try our Raw Peanut Butter Cups. All you need is about 15 minutes and a candy mold. You get all the chocolaty-peanut buttery taste you’re craving, without the artificial flavor. And if you don’t feel like making raw chocolate (although it’s really easy), melt a raw or dark chocolate bar like Fine & Raw, Lulu’s, or Gnosis.
And for those who want to continue the challenge into Halloween, don’t worry; because these are still vegan. 😉
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup of raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey or pure maple syrup (maple syrup for vegans)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Raw peanut butter or almond butter (stir well and place in fridge ahead of time)
- Mix the coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, honey/maple syrup, and sea salt together in a bowl to make the raw chocolate (or melt a bar of raw/dark/vegan chocolate or chocolate chips)
- Pour a small amount of chocolate (1-2 teaspoons) into each candy mold to create the bottom.
- Place in the freezer for 5 minutes until completely firm.
- Place a small dollop of peanut/almond butter (I use my 1/2 teaspoon) onto the center of each cup.
- If your peanut/almond butter isn't completely solid, place the tray back in the freezer for a few minutes to solidify.
- Add more raw chocolate to each cup until it is filled to the top. Place back in the freezer for another 5-10 minutes until solid.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.