Roasted Cauliflower with Toasted Pine Nuts and Dates
Make this just so you can smell it! This is one of our favorite side dishes/salads/meals whatever you want to label it in the winter. The combination of savory roasted cauliflower, toasted pine nuts and sweet dates just hits all the right spots. 🙂 It’s super easy to make, and it’s pretty. So there’s that. 😉
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 6-7 pitted dates, chopped into pieces
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, plus a few small springs for garnish
- Sea salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop up the cauliflower into florets.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and then season with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until tender and nicely browned.
- While the cauliflower is baking, place a dry pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the pine nuts and toast for 1-2 minutes tossing frequently until golden.
- add a small drizzle of olive oil, and then mix in the dates and thyme until coated and warm.
- Mix roasted cauliflower, dates and thyme into the pan with the pine nuts.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with a few extra springs.
- Double this recipe for a 4-6 people.