So I decided to make something with pancetta and cheese. I’m usually the one ordering a Cobb salad without the bacon and rolling my eyes every time Lou eats prosciutto. However, for some reason this week I just wanted to make a dish loaded with flavor that would be a good option for a holiday or to serve at a dinner party (realizing not everyone loves quinoa as much as I do).
I love Brussels sprouts. They are by far my favorite vegetable, and when they are crispy and roasted to the boarder line of burnt, I can’t stop eating them. I bought these Brussels sprouts pre-shredded and in 25 minutes the entire dish was done! You can easily make this recipe leaner by switching out the pancetta for turkey bacon, chicken sausage or roasted chickpeas. 🙂
- 2 10oz packages of pre-shredded Brussels sprouts (or you can cut the ends off and peel them apart yourself)
- 1/4lb of sliced pancetta, chopped into small pieces (or turkey bacon)
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly toss the shredded brussels sprouts in olive oil.
- Spread on a large baking sheet, and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes or so until crispy.
- In a large dry pan, add the chopped pancetta over medium heat.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side until crispy.
- Transfer to a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Wipe out the pan and add the chopped walnuts over medium heat.
- Toast for 2-3 minutes, and then remove and roughly chop.
- When the Brussels sprouts are finished baking, add everything to the pan and mix through.
- Mix in a desired amount of parmesan cheese or add on top to garnish.