We’re got a breakfast theme going this week. 😉
I currently have two obsessions: sweet potatoes and organic eggs. It used to be hummus for awhile, but I’m trying to cut back ever since I found out that chickpeas are not great for bloating and digestion. And I was eating a lotttt of hummus.
So what’s better than to stuff some eggs into a sweet potato and call it breakfast? No cheese needed (no really), especially when you get the sweet potato all caramelized and the eggs super fluffy.
You can even make a few baked sweet potatoes ahead of time, and then just reheat one in the oven while you make your eggs. 🙂
- 1 small sweet potato
- olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- ghee butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk (*optional)
- chives, chopped
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the sweet potato in half length wise.
- drizzle olive oil onto the flesh and rub in until fully covered
- season with sea salt and pepper, and then place face down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- bake for 25-30 minutes until fork tender
- while the sweet potato is roasting, add a small dollop of ghee to a pan.
- In a small bowl whisk the two eggs with the coconut milk, sea salt and pepper.
- pour into the pan over low medium heat and slowly scramble.
- remove the sweet potato from the oven, and when it's cool enough to handle mash the inside with a fork.
- Stuff the sweet potato with the scrambled eggs
- top with chives