I’ve been wanting to make a beet hummus for this blog for about two years now. Literally. And every time I suggested it to Alyssa she shut me down. The joy of working with your sister. 🙂
So about a week ago I decided ‘what does she know anyway,’ and started to play around with a beet hummus recipe. On my second try I cut out the chickpeas and olive oil, and created this delicious Skinny Beet Dip!
What I love about this dip is that it is light, refreshing and naturally sweet. It’s also only around 380 calories for the entire recipe!
Moral of the story, don’t listen to your sister.
Just kidding, love you Lyss. 😉
- 6 small beets (I used 1 package of [url href="https://www.lovebeets.com" target="_blank"]Organic Love Beets[/url], cooked and ready to eat)
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 1/2 lemon (or more to taste)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- Sea salt & pepper
- Top with mint and goat cheese or any other fresh herb combination
- Add all the ingredients to a high speech blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Add more of any of the listed ingredients to adjust flavor to your preference.
- Clean Cleanse - no cheese
Shop the Post