Skinny Chicken Parm Stuffed Peppers
In unfortunate recent events, we have lost the last 9 months of content on our blog (including all posts and recipes). We are working diligently to first and foremost get the recipes back up for you. I apologize for any inconvenience and lack of written content. We appreciate your support as always!
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth (split into two 1/2 cup portions)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus extra
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup marinara or tomato basil sauce (we love Rao's)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 4 bell peppers
- Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Begin heating a large pot of water to boil.
- Prep the bell peppers by halving them or cutting their tops off. Remove the seeds.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on each side. Place in a baking dish, and pour in enough chicken broth to coat the bottom (about 1/2 cup). Bake for 35 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Add the bell peppers to the boiling pot of water. Cook for 2 minutes and then use tongs to carefully remove and drain. Place in a clean baking dish.
- Remove the chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, garlic, marinara, parsley, and cooked chicken. Spoon into the bell peppers and top with an extra sprinkle of cheese.
- Gently pour the other 1/2 cup of chicken broth into the baking dish around the peppers (not on top). Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes or until the cheese gets slightly browned. Garnish with parmesan (optional)