Last weekend my friend Jen and I spent about four hours in Argo Tea writing thank you cards for our weddings. They both happened to be on NYE 🙂
And anytime I’m in a coffee shop for more than 20 minutes, I have to scope out what they have to eat. Argo Tea has amazing healthy, vegan and gluten free options! Jen and I both went for their Spiced Ginger Raw Bars. They were chewy, sweet and my inspiration for these babies!
If you’ve never made date bars or balls before, welcome 🙂 Dates are an amazing base for a naturally sweet and chewy snack or dessert. Combined with nuts for added protein and spices for flavor, you can really create endless combinations. Check out our Chocolate Coconut Date Balls for another option!
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1 cup of soft pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- Add the almonds to the food processor/blender and process until broken down into a rough flour,
- Add the dates, ginger, cinnamon and sea salt and process until combined. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times if using a blender.
- Press into a small square dish, and then cut into squares.