The other weekend I moved into my new apartment! After 6 years of roommates I am finally living on my own! Moving into a new apartment was all fun and games until I realized I had n o t h i n g to put in it. I moved with only my clothes and my shoes. You know, the necessities 🙂
To get things rolling in the furniture department I did a lot of online shopping. I bought a couch on Overstock. I returned the couch from Overstock. I struck a credit card bill at West Elm up to my eyeballs, shopped the kitchen sale at Crate and Barrel, and bought some coral piece at Pottery Barn that I probably can’t afford. Finally, I am getting somewhere! 🙂
The best news to all of this is that Maria and Lou live in the same building! I know, we’re annoying. Since I was still waiting for my pots and pans, I decided to head over to her apartment to see what she was cooking up. She had a great Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe from our good friend Kev. He is an amazing cook and also a huge supporter of our blog! This soup is so filling and delicious! Oh and more importantly, it’s boyfriend approved! 🙂
- 1 1/2 lbs of organic ground turkey breast
- 3 organic bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of dry brown rice cooked in 1 cup of lightly salted water
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- Sea salt and pepper (few dashes of each)
- Your favorite hot sauce to taste
- Cook the brown rice by adding the rice and salted water to a medium pot, bringing it to a boil, and then simmering on low heat (covered) for about 35 minutes until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes, covered. Fluff and set aside.
- In a large pan, brown turkey breast until cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot add the onion, peppers, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning and cook under medium heat until the liquid from the diced tomatoes is slightly reduced.
- Add the ground turkey and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and let it cook for 15-20 minutes. At this time you can add a few dashes of hot sauce as well.
- Stir in the rice.
- Adjust seasoning to your preference