Day 1 of our 30 Day Vegan Challenge! No this is not April Fools, it’s really happening. 😉
This recipe today comes from The Whole Tara, one of our favorite wellness bloggers. Her outlook on health, and life in general, is what we should all aspire to follow. Eat what makes you feel good, love yourself for who you are, and do what makes you happy. I’ve had the pleasure of grabbing coffee with Tara in NYC, and she’s as sweet in person as she is on social media. If you don’t follow her account, you can find her at @thewholetara. You can also download TheWholeTara App from the iTunes store, which is the easiest way to get all of her recipes!
So thank you Tara for this delicious Sweet Pea Hummus recipe to kick off our 30 Day Vegan Challenge. Whether you dip in some veggies, put it on a brown rice cake, or use it as a spread for a veggie-loaded sandwich, this hummus is a great staple.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sweet peas, frozen
- 1 can chickpeas (28 oz.), rinsed and drained
- ½ lime, squeezed
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Tahini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to garnish
- Sprouts/microgreens/pesto, to garnish (optional)
- In a food processor or high speed blender process garlic and sweet peas until they form a paste-like consistency.
- Add in the chickpeas, lime juice, olive oil, and tahini.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the edges as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.