The Easiest Turkey Taco Zucchini Boats
Spinach for Breakfast has changed SO much over the years. What started as ridiculously restricted recipes (no gluten, dairy, refined sugar, etc), is now a place for recipes that are healthy yet realistic for everyone. It’s for people who work, who are super busy, who might have a family, and who want to be healthy but only have about 30 minutes max to dedicate to cooking. I made this transition because I am that person! Do I love cooking? Honestly- not really. I like it, and I like eating homemade food that’s good for me, but if I was Kim K I’d have a full time chef too.
What I do love is taking photos of food. Even if it’s a simple photo for IG; plating and photography is what I really enjoy. When it comes to thinking of recipes, I no longer think “ok what do I need to make for the blog,” but instead, it’s “what am I making for dinner this week that I am going to happen to snap some pictures of.” This keeps my recipes REAL. Not that like the really good, intricate recipes are fake, but real as in the average busy person can look at them and be like- yeah I can make that this week too.
Anyway! The Easiest Turkey Taco Zucchini Boats. Grab a paddle because these bad boys are GOOD. So easy, and it makes enough to feed a whole family, and they are done in less than 30 minutes!
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 package of organic ground turkey
- 1 package of taco seasoning (I love Simply Organic)
- shredded cheddar
- preheat the oven to 350F
- cut the zucchinis in half length wise, and then using a spoon scoop out the seedy flesh from the middle. chop up the flesh and set aside
- in a medium pan, brown the turkey and then when almost browned, add in the chopped zucchini. follow the instructions for the taco seasoning packet
- when the turkey is finished cooking, scoop into each zucchini to fill
- top with shredded cheddar and then add to a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper
- bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender
- some taco seasoning mixes call for diced tomatoes or sauce*