The Healthiest Pumpkin Bread
My FAVORITE bread on the blog! I wait for fall every year to make this bad boy. And if you’ve been a S4B follower for awhile; yes this pumpkin bread is already on our blog. It’s one of the OG’s and the pictures are so old, but I just can’t part with them! So instead of deleting the old photos for new ones, I just decided to create a whole new post. And this bread is so good, it deserves a second feature. 🙂
And not only does it taste unreal (like the PERFECT soft inside) but it’s SO healthy! Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free! I basically make this bread every week until pumpkin season is over. I’ve got about 5 loaves left. 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour/almond meal
- 1/4 cup of gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of coconut palm sugar
- 3/4 cup of organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- pre-heat over to 350 degrees.
- grease one standard bread pan with butter or oil.
- combine all dry ingredients (almond flour, gluten free all purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, coconut palm sugar, salt).
- in a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, maple syrup, eggs).
- add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- pour batter into a bread pan.
- bake for 35-40 minutes (top should be lightly browned and a toothpick will come out clean).
- let bread stand in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- please note- different brands of flour may affect baking time and bread texture!