Hope everyone had a great long weekend! This was the first Memorial Day that I haven’t “gone away” in a long time; and it was kind of nice. 🙂 Lou and I decided to keep things low key and get some more apartment things done. Alyssa went to Vegas. Same thing.
One of my favorite things to do on Sundays (in this case on Monday) is grocery shop and then spend some time cooking a bunch of healthy things for the week. I play music and jam out in the kitchen, and it’s a weird destresser for me. It also preps me each week to start out healthy and (try to) stay that way until Friday.
One of the things I made yesterday are these Vegan Butternut Squash Tacos that are totally blog worthy. I can’t get enough of butternut squash and sweet potato lately! These tacos are super easy to make (the only thing you need to do is roast and puree the squash) and they are so delicious. 🙂
- 1 package of pre-cut butternut squash (around 12oz)
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sea salt and pepper
- almond milk (splash)
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/3 cup of roasted pumpkin seeds
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the butternut squash in olive oil and then season with garlic powder, red pepper flakes sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes until tender.
- Allow to cool slightly, and then add to a blender or food processor with a splash of almond milk until creamy
- Toast corn tortillas if desired.
- Warm black beans in a skillet.
- Spread butternut squash onto each tortillas, then layer black beans, pumpkin seeds, avocado, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice
- Clean Cleanse- use brown rice tortillas