Growing up, my mom used to makes those Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares where the bottom was made out of peanut butter and confectionery sugar, and the top was a layer of melted chocolate. We also went to school with Ring Dings in our lunch box. It was the 90’s…
Anyway, this past Easter we went over my Auntie Karen’s house for dessert. She has always been a decade ahead on the concept of clean eating, and such a huge health inspiration to us. She had made these Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Squares that were so delicious we had to share! The flavor is really similar to the ones I grew up on, but these are made with almost all natural ingredients.
We made few tweaks, but here is the recipe. 🙂
- 2 cups of rolled oats (*gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 cup of Earth Balance vegan spread
- 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup of raw maple syrup
- 3/4 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- In small saucepan, add the Earth Balance over medium heat.
- As it begin to soften and melt, pour in the oats and mix until fully melted and combined.
- Stir in the coconut palm sugar and maple syrup and mix until the sugar is dissolved,
- Pour into a greased 8x8 dish and spread evenly.
- Place the dish in the freezer.
- In the same small pot (rinsed out) heat the chocolate chips and peanut butter until melted, stirring constantly over medium-low heat until silky.
- Take the dish out of the freezer and pour the chocolate on top. Use a spatula to spread evenly. It will create a thin layer.
- Refrigerate or place in the freezer until cooled, and then cut into small squares.
Shop the Post