We had some maintenance done on our website the other day, and unfortunately out site was down for a little while, and all of our posts from the last month were deleted (cue Justin Bieber- is it too late now to say sorry?). I had this recipe saved, but no idea what I wrote about in the post. Something about loving fettuccine alfredo…
So instead of attempting to rewrite the post again, I am going to just leave you with the recipe. 🙂 This Vegan Lemony Brussels Sprout Pasta is gluten free and vegan, and although the sauce is nice and creamy it doesn’t leave that super heavy feeling behind.
- 1 package of gluten free spaghetti
- 4 cups of brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 lemon, for juice
- Sea salt & pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the chopped brussels sprouts lightly in olive oil, sea salt and pepper and bake for 25 minutes until tender.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large pan, add the two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Whisk in the flour for about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the almond milk 1/2 cup at a time.
- Lower heat, and add a few dashes of sea salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce into a blender/food processor and blend until nice and creamy.
- Pour the sauce back into the same pan over medium-low heat, add the juice from 1/2 of the lemon and mix in. Add more lemon juice to taste.
- Continue to stir until you reach a desired thickness/creaminess. This should only take a few minutes, as you do not want the sauce to be too thick.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce.
- Add in the roasted brussels sprouts and mix through.
- Taste test for additional sea salt, pepper, or lemon juice.