When Lou is watching the Giants at home I have three options.
- Watch the game with him without asking any questions or yelling at him for yelling, and pretending I care (Go Pats).
- Make myself scarce. Slightly challenging in an apartment.
- Make myself useful.
Last weekend I decided to go with option #3. God I am such a good wife 🙂 I had leftover cashew cream I needed to use, and found this recipe for Vegan Queso Dip by Cassie over at Wholefully. Actually, if you don’t know what to do with cashew cream read her blog post because she has amazing ideas!
Anyway, Lou isn’t one to pretend to like something. He’s honest when he tries my new recipes, which is why I keep him around. He really liked this Vegan Queso Dip! The consistency is perfect, plus the flavor is amazing! I’m not going to compare it to like actual queso dip, cheese is cheese, but this is a really awesome, healthy alternative!
Happy Football Sunday. 🙂
- 1 cup of raw, unsalted cashews soaked in water for at least 6 hours
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons of Sriracha
- 1 cup of water
- Drain and rinse the cashews
- Place them in a high-powder blender or food processor and add all the remaining ingredients.
- Begin to blend together until smooth and creamy.