Veggie Loaded Baked Turkey Meatballs
Paleo, Whole 30, Gluten Free, Baby-Led Weaning, Dairy Free (all the things) Veggie Loaded Baked Turkey Meatballs!
I originally made these with Luca in mind. We hadn’t introduced meat yet and I wanted to give him something that was soft to chew; but also included veggies. Because yay plants. 🙂 These were so easy to make and came out perfect! Lou and I ate them with sauce one night and pesto the second night, and Luca just had them plain.
Next time I am going to make a double batch and freeze half! Less work for me in the future. 🙂
- 1 organic egg
- 1lb organic ground turkey
- 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 1/4 cup of finely diced broccoli
- 1/4 cup of grated carrots
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- few dashes of sea salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- pre-heat the oven to 350F
- add the egg to a large bowl and whisk
- add the rest of the ingredients (except for the oil) and combine with your hands.
- add the oil to a skillet over medium heat
- use your hands to form meatballs and place in the skillet (the mixture will be very soft)
- sear the meatballs until browned on all sides (I did this in two batches)
- add the seared meatballs to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until no longer pink in the middle.