If there is one thing I know how to make, it’s a super healthy, creamy vegan soup 🙂
I first got into the whole pureed soup thing around 3 years ago when I did my first Clean Program cleanse. I needed to have a liquid dinner, and was getting really sick of smoothies. I tried their Chipotle Black Bean Bisque, and it seriously changed my life…
Ok, so maybe not my life. But it was freaking amazing, and definitely changed my view on soups in general. After that I started experimenting with other types of pureed soups. I realized it was SO easy to cut out butter, heavy cream, and anything else bad for you, and still get a soup that is creamy and delicious! The secret is cannelloni beans. They create the perfect texture, while also adding protein!
Today we have an amazing Creamy Balsamic Mushroom Soup, which is low in fat and calories yet full of flavor. 🙂
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil/olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 package of baby bella mushrooms, stemmed removed and sliced
- 1 package of sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 portobello mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can of organic cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Vegetable broth
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, add coconut oil/olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until tender and fragrant.
- Add all of the chopped mushrooms, thyme, oregano, a dash of sea salt and pepper, and the 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and mix through.
- Allow to sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beans and mix through.
- Pour water or vegetable broth over the mushroom mixture until just covered.
- Cover the pot and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour into a standing blender or use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
Shop the Post