When it comes to vegan desserts things can get a bit tricky. No milk, no butter, no eggs. So instead you have things like almond milk, coconut oil and flax eggs.
And what the hell is a flax egg you ask…
Don’t worry, I just figured this out about two years ago myself. It’s just ground flax seeds mixed with water. Totally doable.
But today we are starting you guys out with something super easy and delicious. Our gluten free, vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Rice Crispy Treats are a no bake dessert that everyone will love! The hardest part is not eating them all at once. 🙂
- 1 cup of creamy almond butter/natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of raw honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups of brown rice cereal (we used Erewhon)
- Raw cocoa nibs or mini chocolate chips for the top (Sunspire for vegan option)
- In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, stir together the almond butter, honey and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the raw cocoa powder.
- In a separate medium bowl, pour in one cup of brown rice cereal.
- Pour in the almond butter/honey mixture into the bowl and mix through.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of brown rice cereal (one cup at a time) and mix through.
- Press mixture into a glass baking pan.
- Sprinkle cocoa nibs or chocolate chips on top and press down.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares.