Happy Fridayyy! We’ve got Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread. 😉
I’m leaving for Europe next week and feel like I have 97 things I need to do before then. Really important things, like getting my eyelashes done, tinting my eyebrows, coloring my hair. You know, general maintenance. 🙂
I’ve also been taking classes at SLT for the past three weeks (more on that soon!) to get my body into Capri shape. With that also comes cleaning up my eating a tad more, which for me is typically cutting down on sugar.
This Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is the perfect little fix for my sweet tooth when I’m trying to be extra healthy. It’s naturally sweetened with banana and maple syrup, and superrrr chocolatey! Also ridiculously easy to make, which is the only way I bake. 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/3 cup of raw cocoa powder
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup of shredded zucchini (gently squeeze out excess water with a paper towel)
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- coconut oil (for greasing the bread pan)
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- grease a bread pan with coconut oil.
- in a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa powder, sea salt).
- in a second medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (banana, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla).
- pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine.
- fold in the zucchini.
- mix in the chocolate chips.
- pour into a bread pan and bake for 45 minutes (test with a toothpick to ensure it comes out clean).
- allow to completely cool before serving.