Turmeric is one of those things that I know is so ridiculously good for me, yet I rarely eat it. I don’t cook with it that often, and although we have an Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Smoothie recipe, I only make it every once and awhile. So after thinking about how I could make sure I get a good dose of turmeric every day, I came up with the perfect solution. Balls.
Benefits of Turmeric
Increases the bodies antioxidant capacity
Improves brain function
Lowers risk of heart disease
Prevents and may even help treat cancer
May help treat depression
May prevent and treat Alzheimers
So not only are these Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Date Balls ridiculously easy to make, once you make a batch or five you are done! Store them in your freezer and eat one a day. They are so so good, and naturally sweet enough to balance the strong turmeric flavor. Lou and I make sure we eat at least one a day. Hopefully in years to come we will thank ourselves. 🙂
- 1/3 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric (plus more for rolling)
- 3/4 cup (overfilled) of soft pitted dates
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the walnuts, oats, black pepper and turmeric and blend until broken down.
- Add the dates a slowly process until a dough forms.
- Roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into more turmeric until fully coated.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Adjust amount of turmeric to taste preference.
- Double or triple the recipe.
- I like to store mine in the freezer.
You Might Need These