We’ve been on somewhat of a breakfast kick lately 🙂
I was first introduced to overnight oats by my friend Kate from work, who brings them every morning in a cute little mason jar. Overnight oats are a really great breakfast option for anyone looking to replace their bagel or muffin for breakfast, but can’t jump right to a green smoothie. They are really filling, contain nothing processed or artificial, and are subtly sweetened with natural honey or maple syrup. That way you don’t experience the “breakfast crash.”
Because I do the whole Spinach for Breakfast green smoothie thing in the morning, I have typically have these oats for an after work or pre-gym snack. They are also great for dessert, especially when they taste like blueberry pie 😉
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup (depending on sweetness preference)
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- dash or two of nutmeg
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- Mix all ingredients into a medium dish.
- Cover and place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
Shop the Post