Chili Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Big mac and cheese girl right here! Especially in the colder months when all I want to eat are things that are warm and cozy. I make this cauliflower sauce ALL the time! It’s a perfect creamy sauce that gives you all the feels, while being much healthier!
Spiced this bad boy up a bit by making a chili version and adding some toasted walnut crispies that I saw on Pinch of Yum! I used gluten free pasta (by Jovial Foods) to make this whole dinner gluten and dairy free!
I kept some of the cauliflower sauce separate (without adding chili powder), to make a separate bowl of this mac and cheese for Luca. He loves it!
- 1 box of pasta
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- almond milk (or any other form of milk)
- sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (*optional)
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
- place the cauliflower and garlic in a pot with about 1 inch of water. cover and steam over medium heat until very tender.
- while the cauliflower is steaming, bring another pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta.
- remove the cauliflower and garlic from the heat and drain out any remaining water.
- add the cauliflower, garlic cloves, and oil to a food processor and process until smooth.
- once the cauliflower is smooth, add the onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, optional parmesan and a few dashes of sea salt and pepper. start with adding 1/2 cup of almond milk and puree. continue to add almond milk by 1/4 cup if needed until a creamy sauce is formed. taste test for more salt and pepper needed.
- drain pasta and add it back to the pot (removed from heat).
- mix in the cauliflower sauce.
- toast the walnuts at 375F for about 6-7 minutes and add to the top of the pasta.