Finally… a soup that is not pureed 🙂
This is a great recipe for anyone participating in the Clean Gut Cleanse.Clean Gut involves cutting out foods that feed bacteria and yeast and foods that are difficult to digest (i.e. gluten, dairy, processed foods, most fruit, sugar, etc.). This leaves you with a list of easy to digest, low-sugar foods. It also involves “repairing” the gut by taking probiotics, natural vitamins and supplements to promote good bacteria/flora and healthy digestion. It’s for anyone with “stomach issues,” which unfortunately seems to be a rising issue in today’s over-processed society. This Turkey Sausage & Kale Soup serves as a clean, satisfying meal whether you are participating in a cleanse or just looking to swap in something healthy!
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 4 cups of water
- 1lb of organic turkey or chicken sausage, no pork casing (we used sweet Italian)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 package of cubed butternut squash (or 1 butternut squash peeled and cut into cubes)
- 4 cups of chopped kale
- Sea salt & pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Slice sausage into pieces and sauté in a medium saucepan.
- After approximately four minutes add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Pour in water, vegetable broth, butternut squash and kale into saucepan and simmer for about 20 minutes until the squash is fork tender.
- Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (if you want a little kick) to taste. Serve warm.
- Adapted From: I Breathe I'm Hungry
Shop the Post
Sounds yummy! But what do u do with the water? Add with the broth?
Yes! Sorry 🙂
Thanks so much! Made this to take to work for lunches to offset all the cookies, candy, and pastries everyone has been bringing in lately for the holidays!
Was so yummy!!! Also love your meatballs and chicken tenders…they are some of my favorite “go to” recipes! :))))))
Made this soup last night, it’s fantastic! Just had some for lunch 🙂 Thanks for the great recipe.
Awesome! So glad you liked it Lauren 🙂
Just discovered you this month. Am also eating Clean. This soup was delicious and quick. Will be a regular in our house. Tried a few other receives with great luck. Really appreciate what you ladies are doing. Many Blessings to you both.
Thank you Rose! 🙂
Sorry…hate autocorrect. Meant *recipes *
I FOUND YOUR WEBSITE ON MY CLEAN PROGRAM SITE AND TRIED THIS RECIPE LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS A GREAT COMPARISON TO MY NORMAL ZUPPA TUSCANA AND IT WAS SO TASTY…EVEN THE HUBS THOUGHT SO (LESS THE “ORANGE THINGS”) 🙂 BABY STEPS. gOING TO TRY A FEW MORE OF YOUR SOUP RECIPES AS i CONTINUE ON THE cLEAN gUT jOURNEY! maNY bLESSINGS!
Thanks for sharing Mandi! Clean Gut is challenging so finding recipes to get you through really helps!